Sample Social Media Posts
- Are you ready to be a part of #idahogives? It’s a day to celebrate all the good going on in our communities!
- Mark your calendars for May 4th. It will be a day for everyone to support our campaign at [link to profile page]. #idahogives
- It’s time to show that Idaho is full of generosity! On May 4th, help us celebrate #idahogives!
- We’re getting pumped for #idahogives! Join the conversation by following @IdahoGives and liking the #idahogives page on FB!
- Get ready to get up and give for #idahogives on May 4th! Follow @IdahoGives to stay updated on the giving movement!
- A little can go a long way when we get together and give together on May 4th for #idahogives! Join the movement!
- “I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process.” – Oprah Winfrey. Let’s keep the giving going for #idahogives!
- “My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there.” – Jim Henson. What will you give to make the world better? #idahogives
- Save the date: The fifth #idahogives is May 4th! You can be part of the celebration by giving to your favorite nonprofit (which we know is us!). Visit http://idahogives.org to find out more.
- The real success of #idahogives will not be how much money we raise but the tremendous impact those dollars will have when nonprofits across the state put them to work! Join the giving on May 4th at http://idahogives.org.
- May 4th will be a historic day for everyone in Idaho to GIVE BIG! You can learn more about the Day of Giving and support our campaign at [link to your profile page]. #idahogives
- Let’s show everyone that Idaho is full of generosity! On May 4th, help us celebrate #idahogives and continue [explanation of mission/work]
- We’re so excited to be a part of the fifth #idahogives! You can support our campaign by visiting http://idahogives.org and donating on May 4th. #idahogives
- On May 4th, you will have 24 hours (one day!) to give where your heart is! To support our campaign, go [link to profile page]. #idahogives
Looking to get the word out with Facebook? This guide will help you get started and on the road to creating a successful strategy. If you’re new to Facebook, start by creating a Facebook Page for your organization.
Below is a list of ways you can begin engaging your community for #idahogives!
Get started by liking the Idaho Gives page. This will allow you to get updates, important information and tips for Idaho Gives. Also link to other participating organizations from your organization’s page.
Promote your Facebook page. Include a link to your Facebook page on your website’s homepage, newsletters, emails...basically everywhere and anywhere. Ask your staff members, board members, volunteers, and donors to like the page and help you promote it.
In your personal account, tag the page and ask your Facebook friends to check it out. Ask employees and board members to do the same.
Talk it up! Post interesting information about your organization and share success stories and photos. Ask your followers questions to engage them in dialogue. Remember to keep posts brief! You don’t want to lose your audience by presenting lengthy updates.
Tell everyone that your organization is participating in Idaho Gives. Be sure to tell people what it is all about by using some of the suggested messaging below. Let them know how they can donate and ask them to spread the word.
Create a Facebook event. Invite your constituents to be part of Idaho Gives so that they can be reminded as the day gets closer AND see who else is participating. Also, tell people to invite others. It doesn’t matter whether or not you are hosting an event onsite; the whole day is worth celebration!
Review Facebook’s “Facebook for Nonprofits” guide. Facebook released a comprehensive guide on how nonprofits can get the most out of Facebook, including how to set up a page, tips on raising funds, and how to run an advertising campaign.
Do all of the above and repeat...again and again and again.
Want to quickly engage donors and share information about your fundraising efforts? Twitter is instant and efficient! If you’re new to Twitter, they offer a getting started guide for newbies.
Below you will find a few tips to help you have success.
Follow @IdahoGives’s Twitter account. Go to www.twitter.com/IdahoGives and click the Follow button. Now you can begin receiving and sharing information about Idaho Gives.
Follow other organizations and people. The organizations you follow should be those that you work with or who inspire you and your constituents. People would be your past donors, board members, volunteers and other key people in your community.
Tell your followers that you are participating in #idahogives. Tell your followers about your campaign and begin to build a story around the initiatives you’d like to support. Let them know about any incentive prizes you are trying to win and how they can help you do so. Use some of the suggested tweets provided.
Use Hashtags and Handles. Whenever you share information include the @IdahoGives handle and #idahogives to further spread your organization’s words. Show that you are a part of Idaho Gives by using the hashtag in all of your tweets. People who are interested in a particular event, person or business will follow the hashtag to stay up-to- date on any conversations around their topic of interest.
Don’t just follow! Become a part of the conversation. Let people know that you are out there and engaged. Respond to tweets like you are holding a conversation. You never know where this may lead.
Share pictures, videos and interesting content. Twitter is not just about your ‘words’. Pictures and videos draw people in, and sharing interesting articles about what you and others are doing shows that you are part of a community.
- 10 Twitter Best Practices for Nonprofits
- 10 Twitter Tips for Nonprofits
- 12 Types of Tweets Your Nonprofit Should be Sharing
Tweet, retweet and tweet again! (Especially on the day of Idaho Gives)